Note: All figures in Indian Rupees (INR) unless specified.
According to Constitution, Parliament fixes the salary and allowance of the President of India.But before the commencement of the rule for the salary of the President he was given salary and allowance according to second schedule of the Indian Constitution.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan(RB) is the official residence of the Indian President which is the largest Presidential Palace in the world.
- RB sprawls in 330 acres with a built up area of 200,000 sq ft dividing into 340 rooms in a single story building.
- RB has stables, hospitals, golf course, mughal gardens…
- RB is maintained by 200 staff at all times generating an electricity bill of 6.7 Cr per year(2008 stat)
- Apart from RB, The Rashtrapati Nilayam at Bolarum, Hyderabad and Retreat Building at Shimla are the official Retreat Residences of the President of India.
Official State Car:
- Black Mercedes Benz S600 (W221) Pullman Guard.
- Custom-built, heavily armored stretch limousine.
- Meets requirements of the highest protection class VR6/VR7.
- Armor is designed to protect against military rifle shots.
- Armor offers resistance against fragments from hand grenades and explosives also.
- Designed to resist missile attacks or bombs.
- Has its own oxygen supply and escorted by the president’s body guards.
- The president’s motorcade also consists of the former presidential car, a black Mercedes-Benz W140 armored limousine, which is now being used as a spare vehicle.
- He will get (at current rates) Rs.75,000 a month as pension
- A furnished rent free bungalow (Type VIII).
- Two free landline and a mobile phone.
- Five personal staff including a private secretary
- Staff expenses of Rs.60,000 a year.
- Travel free with a companion by train or air.